Happy Birthday to ME! take two.

As you may or may not know, I was in Tulsa for work on my birthday this year. To be honest I wasn't thrilled to be away for my birthday but I decided to make the most of it and try to have a good time.

Tuesday was our travel day so I met up with my friends Sandy and Brenda and they treated me to a fabulous spa pedicure. I had no idea they were going to pay for it. It was a great surprise and my feet look marvelous.

That evening we went to the Purple Glaze for our group activity. This part really doesn't have anything to do with my birthday but I'm really excited about what I painted. I think I picked out the largest thing available. It's a pie plate with a lid and it's huge. The colors will look totally different once the pieces are fired.
I hope it turns out okay. They are going to pick it up next week and ship it to me.

Anyway, Wednesday was my big 30! We had a meeting, lunch, ice cream cake, and more meeting. That evening we went to an Irish pub called Kilkenny's for dinner. The food was great! I ordered the fish and chips and a black velvet (Guinness and Champagne).
After the black velvet I tried the yellow jacket (Guinness and Blvd Wheat).

It was also my friend Janet's birthday so they brought out two very tasty chocolate cakes.
All in all it was a good birthday. I would have liked to have been home but I did have fun and it gave Tim plenty of time to work on my gifts.

No comments:

Post a Comment