Let's get slow cookin'

I have really been slacking on my cookbook challenge. So I thought it was about time I got back to it. For this challenge I choose a crock-pot cookbook that my mother gave me a few years ago.



This chilly weather is great for a bowl of clam chowder, so that is what I made. The ingredients were very simple and it really didn't take much time to put it together. However, being a slow cooker, it did take 7 hrs to cook.






All in all it was a pretty good chowder, but I think it could have been better. It was definitely no Oregon Coast chowder! I did add a red and green hot pepper for extra flavor and used the stick blender to make it a little less chunky. Still I think it could have used more potatoes and should have been a little thicker. But, that's why we have leftovers. I'll jazz it up tonight and I'm sure it will be delish!

Until next time, I send you love and best dishes y'all!

1 comment: