I'm ready...I think!

So...I'm fat! There, I said it! Well, maybe overweight is a better word! I have struggled with being "just the right size" for the majority of my life. I don't think I have ever been comfortable with my body. Ever! Until, that is, after I look back at old pictures and I am currently much larger and think "I'd give anything to look like that again!".

Lately I have been extremely disappointed in myself for gaining weight and losing muscle. Not only do my "fat" jeans not fit, I am tired all the time and I get winded doing the smallest of tasks. This is not good! Not good at all! I need to make a change. I have some minor health issues that may or may not be easily corrected by A) losing weight B) eating healthier C) exercising D) all of the above. Above all I just want to feel healthy (that and I want to be able to wear my clothes again!). I would also like to gain some much needed confidence in myself.

Ultimately I would love to lose at least 25 lbs to start! Now, here's the thing. I eat fairly healthy as it is, I just eat a LOT of it. I love food. I love to cook. I love to entertain. I love eating out. And I love beer! I don't really want to give up these things so I'm going to have to find a happy balance that will help me achieve a more healthy lifestyle.

Our work on the farm starts Saturday. Those who know me well, know that I am beyond excited about this. I'm sure the long hours working in the field will help shed some lbs, but I don't want this to be my only form of exercise. I need to add a little more. Either by getting on the elliptical or taking a walk. I just need to be more active. With our work on the farm, we will receive a CSA share each week. I'm pretty excited about this. We'll have fresh and local produce every week through the growing season. This is definitely a good start at eating more veggies!

My hope is, by writing this post, it will force me to make some changes. By publicly acknowledging my personal battle, maybe, just maybe I can get my butt in gear! I'm sick of sitting around feeling sorry for myself and not doing anything about it!

Wish me luck! =)

5 comments:

  1. I wish you tons of luck! You're absolutely beautiful... but I want you to be completely comfortable in your skin and healthy as can be! I'm so impressed with the farm thing and your healthy eating and cooking in general.

    I was doing good this time last year, but fell back and let "the paunch" return. I could lose a good 15 lbs and still be bigger than I used to be... but good enough! I love to walk, but I get a little bored on my own. We live so close. As the days get longer, if you ever want to get out there, lemme know! I like to go for at least 90 mins and get myself up and down as many hills as I can... which is easy where we live!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Dani! I might just take you up on that. It would do me some good and I would love to see you. It's crazy that we live so close and haven't bumped into each other yet. We'll get together soon. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck, Faith! I feel ya! You could ride a bike to the farm -- that would definitely add some exercise!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck love. I am here if you need me, but I know you can do this all on your own.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd love to have company on my bike rides, too!

    ReplyDelete