Precious Things Part 2


I just received the best Christmas gift EVER! For years I have been nagging my mother to let me have her grandmother's china. Her answer has ALWAYS been "you'll get it when I die!" That is until today! They came over for dinner and handed me a small gift bag. They said it was a little something that they thought I could use before Christmas. Inside the gift bag was a single cup from the china set. I was so excited, I just thought they were giving me one cup and saucer to tide me over, until I eventually inherited the rest of it...then they brought in two boxes full of the remaining pieces! This is no small set either. It's a service for 12 and has 16 cups and saucers! Along with two platters, bowl, cream and sugar servers, gravy boat and ladle, dinner plates, bread plates, soup bowls, salad plates, cake plates and some other little plate that I'm not sure what you use it for but it's adorable! I love every piece.

Needless to say I immediately clear out my cabinets and made room for this amazing gift! I still cannot believe my mother parted with this. I know that must have been very hard for her to do. But I hope she knows just how grateful and proud I am to have it. For some reason I have become very attached to this set and I will use it with honor and care. I love you momma! Thanks a thousand times and many more!

Now for a tiny peek of my new huge china set!



1 comment:

  1. glad you finally got them. I know how much they mean to you.

    ReplyDelete