A Simple Chicken Potpie

Finally another cookbook challenge. This time I wanted to find a recipe that would allow me to use up the leftover veggies in the fridge. What better recipe than a chicken potpie. Plus, I have never made a potpie, so it sounded like a good challenge to me.

I choose the potpie recipe from the Real Simple, Meals Made Easy book. This book, along with the magazine, is awesome. The recipe was very "simple" and easy to follow. I did however change it a little and make it my own.




I did not use mushrooms, but I did add potatoes and celery. Also, it called for 4 cups of chicken broth but I only had 3. This did not seem to cause any problem.



Instead of store bought pie crust I used a sheet of puff pastry that I had in the freezer. I even got a little silly and cut little hearts out of the leftover dough.


All in all I think this recipe went pretty well. Tim had two bowls so it must have tasted okay. The presentation wasn't quite what I would have liked it to be but for a simple potpie, I think it was a success.

No comments:

Post a Comment